About Our Employment Opportunities
- A minimum age of 18 is required for all employees.
- Various starting and ending dates can be accommodated
- Applicants who are able to stay until early September may be given preference.
- If you are offered a work agreement, please do not accept unless you plan on fulfilling all aspects of the job including: the position designated, the stated wage, and the employment dates.
- All employees must be willing to perform duties as assigned and accept changes in position and location as required.
- Applicants should be aware that these jobs are physically demanding and require lifting, bending, standing and kneeling, as well as use of tools and exposure to the risks of being in contact with horses.
- Applicants are required to participate in activities involving heavy lifting and horseback riding.
- Applicants must have a valid CPR & First Aid card upon arrival (not at time of application).
- A personal vehicle is not necessary for employment, but is a nice luxury for your days off.
- The cost of round trip transportation is the responsibility of the employee, and should be considered before applying.
- Housing in some of the most beautiful places in the state of Colorado is provided free of charge.
- Most locations provide a free washer and dryer for your use.
- Breakfast and lunch and often dinner are provided to employees.
- Working outdoors in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
- Continuous contact with horses.
- Meeting new people and making new contacts in the horse industry.
- Seasonal employees are housed in ranch style bunk houses with inside bathrooms.
- All employees share a room with fellow employees. No coed quarters.
- Employees are required to live where assigned.2
- Employees of the company are involved with all aspects of a stable operation. Including, but not limited to: leading trail rides, riding horses of different levels of difficulty, all maintenance and cleaning duties associated with a stable, grooming and feeding procedures, saddling and unsaddling of horses, and a full range of daily customer contact.
- Groom Maintenance
- Director Barn Manager
- Assistant Trainer
- Working Student
- The pay includes a monthly salary plus your room and board. The other form of income is "tips" from the guests on the trail rides. The total income from this obviously hinges a great deal on your performance and abilities to take care of the guests. Tips are not put into a "general fund," so if you and the other wranglers on your trail ride keep the guests happy and safe you will do well with tips.
Documents Attached to Employment Opportunities: