Posted at 2:29 pm on 02/22/2013 by Dr. Rahul Razdan
Commercial software development in the field of technical computing has unique requirements which are exemplified by factors such as:
Total Views: 3101
- extreme focus on run-time performance
- requirement of a high degree of responsiveness to the customer base
- continued focus on innovation
- concurrent support on multiple computing platforms
- most importantly, a very limited set of deep subject matter experts who have the skills to build the solution.
Exacerbating the above issues is the fact that the field has traditionally seen a great deal of merger activity which leads quickly to an accumulation of disjoint software development systems. We have published a paper (downloadable from the additional information section at http://www.ocoos.com/services/software-web/world-class-software-development-1212.html) describes a detailed case study of a methodology built within a leading technical computing company which achieved significant success by focusing relentlessly on enhancing the productivity of the individual developer.