The home’s original owner, James Pritchard, was a Captain in the Civil War. Following the war, he traveled around, meeting his wife, and eventually settling in Titusville, Florida with his family. He helped found several important businesses in Titusville in the 1880′s and 1890′s including a bank, an electric company and, a hardware store. With his successes, he purchased a lot and built the Queen Ann style house which later became known as the Pritchard House.
The Pritchard House is available for rental for celebrations and weddings. Tours of the house are also available by reservation on Tuesdays-Fridays. Tours are hosted at 10:30am and 1:30pm on these days. Tours are guided by volunteer docents who dress in period costumes and retell the history of the house as well as telling about Titusville at the turn of the century. To arrange a tour, call (321) 267-4480. Tours require a $5 donation which goes towards the upkeep of the house.
The Pritchard House grounds include the Family History Gardens which are open to the public daily from 10am to 6pm. These gardens highlight some of the families who were instrumental in Titusville’s early history.