Project Manager Technical Services
• Leading technical programs to deliver multi-site or cross business strategic projects
• Co-ordinate and facilitate Centres of Excellence on key process related technologies to drive operational improvements
• Drive long term process / equipment / systems / facilities standardization across network of manufacturing / packaging sites
• Work closely with Site engineering, operational and technical leads and other functional teams to drive effective program implementation at site level
II. Specific Duties, Activities, And Responsibilities
• Manage delivery of technical programs across global network of manufacturing sites
• Liaise with Site GM’s and functional leads to priorities program tasks and agree resource allocation at site level
• Actively drive cross site centers of excellence for various technologies ensuring appropriate site input and engagement
• Provide input into strategic CAPEX projects relevant to their areas of expertise to drive cross site standardization and project cost effectiveness
• Prepare and own engineering standards to drive consistency of equipment, systems, facilities, utilities, and maintenance activities
• Drive pro-active site use of information sharing systems for engineering best practices, areas of staff expertise, key operational equipment
• Lead technical transfer projects and ensure effective operating mechanisms are in place and used for technical projects within operations.
• Maintain, and share across sites, up-to-date information relevant to technologies within own area of expertise / focus
• Must be able to coordinated meetings of essential personnel on various projects, take detailed minutes of meetings and assign actions items.
III. Position Requirements
Reports to: Director Global Technical Services Softgel Supervises: Indirect management of global staff working on projects and programs under job holders ownership. Education or Equivalent: Degree in engineering discipline or other applied sciences is essential. Masters level qualification in business administration or finance is desirable.
Knowledge/Skills Requirements: 7 years engineering / manufacturing / project management experience in pharmaceutical industry Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical formulation, packaging and associated technologies with specific expertise in relevant area of technology Experience working on complex technical and capital intensive projects - Experience in operational excellence (LEAN, six sigma) desirable Must possess and demonstrate motivational and leadership qualities. Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills. Proven ability to deliver operational improvements
Travel: Leading global projects and programs across sites' centers of excellence - likely to require moderate to extensive international travel