Plant Operations Manager, Chemical Manufacturing
Salary: 100000 to 115000
Other Compensation: +15% Bonus potential, comprehensive benefits, 401-K, and paid time off
Minimum Education: University - Bachelors Degree/3-4 Year Degree
Degree Specialization: Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or other Engineering/Technical Degree
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania
Seeking a dynamic Operations Manager to lead a fast-paced chemical manufacturing and distribution plant. Expertise in leading, training, and motivating operations, maintenance, quality, safety, and logistics personnel in a chemical production facility is essential. Our client is a global leader in providing specialty and commodity chemicals that are used in a wide variety of manufacturing operations. This is a modern efficient blending and packaging facility with responsibilities for managing a team of 50-80 union employees.
Essential Job Functions include:
• Oversee safe and environmentally conscious operations on a daily basis for the manufacturing and distribution of quality products produced in a timely and cost efficient manner.
• Manage large inventory of raw materials and finished products.
• Facilitate high volume bulk unloading, repackaging, blending, quality control, labeling, and shipping logistics functions.
• Manage internal and external transportation fleet and drivers.
• Direct the planning layout of equipment, workflow, and workforce utilization.
• Review product quality and quality assurance processes.
• Implement operational and production best practices through use of LEAN, Six Sigma, Kaizen, and/or SPC methodologies.
• Follow all safety procedures and ensure regulatory compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA, EPD and local authorities.
• Identify and provide necessary resources for training in all regulatory areas to ensure all employees operate in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
• Maintain all necessary certifications (i.e., NSF).
• Maintain plant P&L and prepare annual operations & maintenance budgets.
• Recommend and justify capital projects; manage project design and installation.
• B.S. in Chemical
• Engineering, Chemistry, or other Engineering/Technical degree.
• 10+ years of Operations experience in a chemical manufacturing, batch processing, or blending plant environment.
• 3-5+ years of Managerial or Supervisory experience.
• Experience managing warehouse operations, trucking/transportation fleet, shipping/receiving logistics.
• Working knowledge of governmental requirements related to the chemical industry (i.e. OSHA, EPA, RCRA, DOT, etc.) or demonstrated ability to attain such knowledge.
• Prior experience with chemicals such as solvents, acids, bases, glycols, catalysts, defoamers, pigments, extenders, plasticizers, glycerine, polymers, ketones, chelants,lubricants, resins, surfactants, oils, silicones, alcohols, peroxides, and others is a plus.
• HazMat, Hazwoper, and CVI certifications are a plus.
• Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) is a plus.
• Dynamic leadership skills with clear track record of high achievement.
• Strong computer skills, competency with MS Office suite; experience with SAP is a plus.
• Ability to travel up to 25%.