The Great Calusa Blueway: February 10-16, 2018
This page is for trip registration only. Payment can be made through either PayPal or mail. Further information will be given on making payment after completion of the trip registration form.
Trip Registration Deadline January 27, 2018 or when trip reaches capacity Trip Fees - Full Trip
The trip fee includes camping, meals, and shuttle.
- Adults: $700/person
- Seniors (65+): $675/person
- College students: $675/person
- Youth (8 -17): $650/person
- Children (7 & under): Free
The Meal Plan. Meals will be provided by professional caterers or local civic groups. Expect hearty, hot fare for breakfast and dinner. On-water lunch stops will include ample portions of fruit, chips, cookies, granola bars, PB&J sandwiches, and water.
Shuttle Service. Paddlers will leave their vehicles at the launch point, Koreshan State Historic Site, for the duration of the trip. At the trip's conclusion, paddlers and their boats and gear will be shuttled back to Koreshan. There is no parking option at the trip's end point.
Paddle Florida Lite
$125/day. Can't get away for the whole trip? Choose the Paddle Florida Lite option and pay a daily rate over four or fewer days. The daily fee includes a meal plan, but no shuttle. If you are not paddling the whole trip, you may need to arrange for your own shuttle transportation. Contact Bill Richards at [email protected] for more information.
Paddlers needing to rent a kayak and related gear may contact one of our partnering outfitters, Estero River Outfitters, Gulf Coast Kayak, or Kayak Excursions.
Even in good weather, it's not uncommon to experience choppy conditions in the open waters of the Gulf of Mexico and the back bays of the Calusa Blueway. For this trip, we recommend kayaks of at least 16 feet in length equipped with a rudder or skeg and a spray skirt. If you lack this kind of boat or gear, you can rent them from our partnering outfitters. If you have any questions about the kind of environment you will encounter on this trip, please contact Bill Richards at [email protected]
Required Liability Waiver
Participants will be required to complete liability waiver, which can be downloaded from the 'Documents' tab of this page. If you're paying for the trip through regular mail, please print out and send the completed waiver with your check. You can also bring the completed waiver with you to check-in. We will also have blank waivers onsite for paddlers to complete.
Paddle Florida Policies
- All paddlers must attend the trip overview and orientation briefing on the first evening. Paddlers must adhere to the safety guidelines presented.
- Paddlers must wear a properly fitted US Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD) and whistle at all times on the water.
- Paddlers under age 18 are the responsibility of, and must be accompanied by, a parent or guardian. No more than two children under the age of 12 per adult guardian.
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
- All paddlers must provide emergency contact information and sign a Waiver of Claims and Release of Liability form. Parents must sign for children under the age of 18. These forms are available on our website.
- People-powered watercraft only.
- Paddle Florida adheres to all rules put forth by the public parks we stay in, including the ban on alcoholic beverages.
- All paddlers must respect private property along rivers and coastlines.
- All paddlers must have basic wet exit and swimming skills and a comfort for paddling in occasionally choppy open water.
- Violations of these policies can result in the paddler being removed from the event without refund.
Due to the financial outlay and costs incurred by Paddle Florida during event planning, any force majeure, which includes but is not limited to water levels, inclement weather, and any other Acts of God not mentioned herein, shall not result in the refund of any fees paid to Paddle Florida. Absolutely no fees will be refunded after 15 days before the event begins. Before each trip registration deadline, requests for fee refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Documents Attached to The Great Calusa Blueway :