Ocklawaha Odyssey: December 2-6, 2016
This page is for trip registration only. Payment can be made through either PayPal or regular mail. Further information will be given on making payment after completion of the trip registration form.
November 18, 2016Participation Limit
The trip fee Includes camping, meals, and shuttle.
- Adults: $450
- Seniors (65+): $425
- College students: $425
- Youth (8-17): $400
- Children (7 & under): free
The Meal Plan. Meals will be provided by professional caterers or local civic groups. Expect hearty, hot fare for breakfast and dinner. On-water lunch stops will include ample portions of fruit, chips, cookies, granola bars, PB&J sandwiches, and water. If you have dietary restrictions, please contact Bill Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Shuttle Service. Paddlers will park their vehicles at the launch point, Silver Springs State Park, for the duration of the trip. At the trip's conclusion, paddlers and their boats and gear will be shuttled back to Silver Springs. There is no parking option at the trip's end point.
Paddlers needing to rent a canoe or kayak and related gear should contact Michael Gibbs at Silver Springs Management, email@example.com. Required Liability Waiver
Participants will be required to complete a liability waiver, which can be downloaded from the 'Itinerary' tab of this page. If you're registering for the trip through mail, please print and send the completed waiver with your check. You can also bring the completed waiver with you to trip check-in. We will also have blank waivers onsite for paddlers to complete
Paddle Florida Policies
- All paddlers must attend the trip overview and orientation briefing on the first evening. Paddlers must adhere to the safety guidelines presented.
- Paddlers must wear a properly fitted U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD) and whistle at all times on the river.
- Paddlers under age 18 are the responsibility of, and must be accompanied by, a parent or guardian. No more than two children under the age of 12 per adult guardian.
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
- All paddlers must provide emergency contact information and sign a Waiver of Claims and Release of Liability form. Parents must sign for children under the age of 18. These forms are available on our website.
- People-powered watercraft only.
- Paddle Florida adheres to all rules put forth by the public parks we stay in, including the ban on alcoholic beverages.
- All paddlers must respect private property along the river.
- All paddlers must have basic paddling and swimming skills.
- Violations of these policies can result in the paddler being removed from the event without refund.
Due to the financial outlay and costs incurred by Paddle Florida during event planning, any force majeure, which includes but is not limited to water levels, inclement weather, and any other Acts of God not mentioned herein, shall not result in the refund of any fees paid to Paddle Florida. Absolutely no fees will be refunded after 15 days before the event begins. Any fees refunded by Paddle Florida will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Documents Attached to Ocklawaha Odyssey: