Choctawhatchee Challenge: March 10-16, 2018
This page is for trip registration only. Payment can be made through either PayPal or regular mail. Further instructions will be given on making payment after completion of the trip registration form.
February 24, 2018 or when trip reaches capacity.
January 1 Update: This trip is full. If you would like to join the waiting list, click on the green 'Ask a Question' button above and send us your name and the number in your party.
Full Trip Fee
The trip fee includes camping, meals, and shuttle.
- Adult Paddlers: $575/person
- Senior Paddlers (65+): $550/person
- College Student Paddlers: $550/person
- Youth Paddlers (8-17): $525/person
- Children (7 and under): Free
The Meal Plan. Meals will be provided by professional caterers or local civic groups. Expect hearty, hot fare for breakfast and dinner. On-water lunch stops will include ample portions of fruit, chips, cookies, granola bars, PB&J sandwiches, and water.
Shuttle Service. Paddlers will leave their vehicles at the launch point in Geneva, AL for the duration of the trip. At the trip's conclusion, paddlers and their boats and gear will be shuttled back to Geneva. There is no week-long parking option at the trip's take-out point.
Paddle Florida Lite
$100/day. Can't get away for the whole trip? Choose the Paddle Florida Lite option and pay a daily rate over four or fewer days. The daily fee includes meals, but no shuttle. If you are not paddling the whole trip, you will need to arrange your own shuttle transportation. Contact Bill Richards at [email protected] for more information.
Due to the sometimes swift moving currents of the Choctawhatchee, we recommend kayaks or canoes of at least 14 feet in length. Longer boats generally give paddlers more directional control than shorter boats, which usually contributes to a happier time on the water. If you have any questions about the kind of environment you will encounter on this trip, please contact Bill Richards at [email protected]
Paddlers needing to rent a canoe or kayak ans related gear should contact Old Cypress Canoe Rentals at 850-388-2072 or [email protected]
Required Liability Waiver
Participants are required to complete a liability waiver, which can be downloaded from the 'Documents' tab of this page. If you're sending your trip fee through regular mail, please print and send the completed waiver with your check. You can also bring your completed waiver with you to trip check-in. We will also have blank waivers onsite for paddlers to complete.
Paddle Florida Policies
- All paddlers must attend the trip overview and orientation on the first evening. Paddlers must adhere to the safety guidelines presented.
- Paddlers must wear a properly fitted US Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD) and whistle at all times on the water.
- Paddlers under age 18 are the responsibility of, and must be accompanied by, a parent or guardian. No more than two children under the age of 12 per adult guardian.
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
- All paddlers must provide emergency contact information and sign a Waiver of Claims and Release of Liability form. Parents must sign for children under 18.
- People-powered watercraft only.
- Paddle Florida adheres to all rules put forth by the public parks we stay in, including bans on alcoholic beverages.
- All paddlers must respect private property along rivers and coastlines.
- All paddlers must have basic swimming and wet exit skills, and a comfort for paddling in occasionally swift moving currents.
- Violations of these policies can result in the paddler being removed from the event without refund.
Due to the financial outlay and costs incurred by Paddle Florida during event planning, any force majeure, which includes but is not limited to water levels, inclement weather, and any other Acts of God not mentioned herein, shall not result in the refund of any fees paid to Paddle Florida. Absolutely no fees will be refunded after 15 days before the event begins. Before each trip registration deadline, requests for fee refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Documents Attached to Choctawhatchee Challenge (Full):