"4 Steps to Designing Your Own Happiness"
There is one thing in life that can reroute our lives, and determine
whether outcomes are positive or negative. Happiness. The challenge
with that perspective is that it's wrong because happiness is a feeling
or a perception people have about that can be changed. Which is good
news because that means we're in control of Designing Our Own Happiness
by creating a lasting foundation based on a specific processes that
build the lasting foundation needed to retain happiness through life's
storms. Here is the 4 step process to gain that lasting happiness:
- The first step is to define your happiness. What is it that you
believe provides you with that sense of accomplishment or feeling of
completeness in life that keeps you enthused about living? It seems
that for most of us it can be divided into three broad categories:
- Power - For some people it's the ability to control their own destiny or their path in life.
- Prestige - For some it's achieving goals that provide position and importance.
- Purpose - For some it's the ability to affect positive change in the world or your personal life.
a person knows what is important they can devise a blueprint to achieve
that desired element in life, and implement the action needed to see it
become a reality.
- Along with understanding what you want is to have the means to make
it happen. Therefore, a person must posses the drive to pursue their
happiness because nothing happens in life without a concerted effort.
You'll never experience the happiness you desire if you don't:
- Plan - Create a pathway to your success by making deliberate choices that help you achieve the goals that lead to your happiness.
- Plunge - Once you decide on your path you have to be willing to jump in wholeheartedly and believe in your abilities and your dream.
- Persevere - When
the drive you had starts to wain you have to figure out how to motivate
yourself to keep going. That means keeping your eyes on that symbol of
your happiness with a clear vision. This is generally easier when
you're driven by something that is important to you in life.
- The next piece of achieving your happiness is engaging others, and
understanding how you can positively impact their lives. No one in life
is an island, and we need each other to feel a sense of completeness
and happiness. If we ensure we're moving forward with certain motives
we can impact others positively, which leads to our increased happiness.
We have to/be:
- Passion - You need to be energized to do things for others.
- Promote - You need to look for opportunities to help meet needs.
- Payback - You need to dedicate your efforts to achieving results for others.
The final step to designing your happiness is to avoid being your own
obstacle. Often people have convinced themselves they don't deserve
happiness, and therefore sabotage their own path to achieving what they
want in life. To move forward confidently and grab the happiness you
want you must believe it's what you deserve. You also have to:
- Permit - yourself to dream about achieving what you truly want without any feelings of guilt.
- Payment - You need to reward yourself on a regular basis with things that bring a sense of joy to ensure your happiness stays intact.
- You need to remain vigilant about protecting your happiness, and
don't let others ideas about what they think you need influence your
actions or decisions.
to you use the road map and take the "4 Steps to Designing Your
Happiness" it won't matter what challenges enter your life because
you'll have the inner foundation to push through the hardship
while maintaining your happiness. People that achieve this level of
satisfaction with their lives are able to push forward and make their
dreams become a reality. So, "don't worry be happy".