Lasagna ( using spaghetti squash)
Makes 8 servings
- 8 ounces spaghetti squash cooked and separated
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup milk/ or almond milk
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsps Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 ½ cups spaghetti sauce
- 2-3 cups shredded cheese of mozzarella.
- 1 lb of spicy turkey sausage
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the spaghetti squash and let cool. Use a fork to separate the strands of squash into spaghetti like consistency. Using cheesecloth, squeeze out some of the moisture of the squash ( makes for firmer consistency).
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Add parmesan cheese and seasonings.
- Toss in spaghetti squash strands and transfer to a greased 9×13 pan.
- Top with crumbled sausage. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese on top of the sausage. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
- Pour a thin layer of red pasta sauce on top of noodles. Top with remainder of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 375 for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let stand 5- 10 minutes before cutting.