Apple IDs and Google locks are security features that prevent theft and can help recover lost devices. If a device has a lock on it, it cannot be reactivated. These need to be removed from your device before we can issue payment.
Below is a step by step guide to removing these locks.
Apple IDs are limited to only iOS devices (iPhones, iPads). Android devices do not have Apple IDs.
How to remove your Apple ID:
Prior to sending in:
If the device has iOS 9 or earlier, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. You will then be prompted to input your Apple ID and Password. Please note that this will erase all your data on your device.
After sending in:
If some Apple IDs appear on your Final PO, do not worry! Apple IDs can be removed remotely.
- Go to iCloud.com/#find on another device and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
- Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
- Click Erase iPhone.
- After your device has been erased, click Remove from Account.
Contact us once you have removed your Apple ID from the device so we can confirm that the device no longer has an Apple ID and we can issue payment.
Google Locks can be enabled on any Android phone (Samsung, LG, HTC, Motorola, etc.). Unlike Apple IDs, Google locks cannot be removed remotely so please be sure to remove these prior to shipping your devices.
How to remove your Google Lock:
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Under "Personal," tap Accounts
- Tap the account you want to remove. If it's your Google Account, first tap Google.
- Tap More (Three vertical dots in corner) > Remove account.
(These instructions are for devices running Android 7.0 and up)