Bringing Africa to Lightening Age – Power Tech Africa 2017
The lack of power supply and increasing demand in the region of Africa has forced the Government to relook upon its policy and strategy in the power sector. The Power Tech Africa Conference 2017 to be held on 30th-31st January 2017 at Nairobi, Kenya is a knowledge sharing platform wherein Govt bodies, power companies and the other stakeholders of the industry will come together and identify the potential of renewable sources in the Sub-Saharan Regions. Focus will be mainly on implementation of Smart Grid / Off – Grid technologies projects using renewable energy for a better and reliable power transmission, identifying sources of capitalizing renewable power projects and exploring Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policies for better project implementation.
· An introduction to Africa’s energy scenario.
· Exploring the role of FDI policies in operating power system.
· Trapping the Solar Energy to generate reliable power.
· Promoting the use of Wind Energy in the region.
· Analysing opportunities for Natural Gas as a power generating source.
· Enhancing the existing power systems in Africa.
Power Tech Africa 2017
30th-31st January 2017