Websites and Applications to Get You Through the 2013 Hurricane Season
Social media, mobile applications and the Internet served as lifelines to millions of residents in the U.S. Northeast in 2012 when superstorm "Sandy" knocked out power and most other lines of communication.
As the 2013 season approaches, here is a list of websites and applications that Central Florida residents can follow or download before the storms strike.
- National Hurricane Center
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Orlando Sentinel
- West Palm Beach News
- @NHC_Atlantic: Public advisories, updates on storm position and outlook, with links to NOAA
- @NHC_Surge: The latest information on storm surges
- @FLSERTInfo: Florida Division of Emergency Management news
- @OUCReliableOne: Updates from the Orlando Utilities Commission on power restoration
- @InsideFPL: News from Florida Power & Light
- @BrightHouseCare: Updates on Bright House Cable service restoration
- @ATTCustomerCare: Updates on AT&T service for cell phones, landlines and television
- @OrlandoSentBRK: Breaking news from the Orlando Sentinel
- Fox35 Weather
- iHurricane HD
- Hurricane Express
- NOAA Radar U.S.
- American Red Cross Hurricane App